PENGUMUMAN

PENGUMUMAN
DIBUKA SECARA RASMI PADA 6HB MAC 2011

Follow by Email

Friday, April 6, 2012

MPAJ garbage compactors get new eco-friendly look.

http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp?file=/2012/3/12/central/20120311200047&sec=central

MPAJ garbage compactors get new eco-friendly look

By FAZLEENA AZIZ

fazleena@thestar.com.my


GARBAGE compactors belonging to the Ampang Jaya Municipal Council (MPAJ) will be painted green to differentiate from the ones owned by other contractors.
Council president Datuk Mohammad Yacob said the move was aimed at resolving issues surrounding similar contractors working in other areas.
“This will help people identify our compactors from others and also keep track of them.
“We are planning to paint the compactors in a month’s time because we want to improve our solid waste management service,” he said. Mohammad said the choice of colour was not politically linked but something to reflect the environment.
On March 1, 36 solid waste management contractors began servicing the respective areas.
Mohammad said so afr they had received complaints from five zones — Zone 5, 11, 13, 22 and 28.
“The situation is still under control but some of these contractors are new and not familiar with the areas. They missed some of the backlanes and small roads.
“The problem is people are always quick to blame us but no one comes forward saying their garbage has been collected because we need to know if these contractors have done their jobs” he said.
Meanwhile, about 20 contractors offered free services to collect rubbish after the recent floods in Lembah Jaya Utara. The clearing was carried out in stages.
MPAJ officers had also lent a hand to clear up after the floods. About 230 houses were affected and the flood victims were temporarily housed at the Kampung Melayu surau and Dewan Datuk Ahmad Razali.
Two houses were destroyed in Lembah Jaya and the families were housed at the council homes at the Lembah Jaya Flats.

MPAJ finds garbage collection services provided by them unsatisfactory.

http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp?file=/2012/3/20/central/10926185&sec=central

MPAJ finds garbage collection services provided by them unsatisfactory

By FAZLEENA AZIZ
fazleena@thestar.com.my


THE Ampang Jaya Municipal Council (MPAJ) has suspended four waste management contractors (for an indefinite period) for their below par performance in carrying out garbage collection in their respective areas.
They have been replaced by a back-up team.
This comes after show cause letters were issued to the waste management collection managers (PPSP), who were unable to overcome the situation within 24 hours.
These include PPSP13 — Taman Seri Intan, Taman Indah Jaya, Taman Industri Lembah Jaya, Lembah Jaya Utara, Lembah Jaya Selatan, Lembah Jaya Timur, Kuari Golden Plus, Kg Muhibbah, Desa Lembah Permai, Taman Halaman, Taman Halaman Indah, Taman Sri Ampang, Taman Bukit Ampang, Taman Kesuma and part of Bandar Baru Ampang, PPSP14 — Taman Mulia Jaya, Taman Ampang Saujana, Taman Dagang Jaya and Taman Dagang Permai, PPSP15 — Bukit Ampang Permai, Kg Tasik Permai, Kg Tasek Tambahan Kg Tasek Tambahan (Klg), PKNS Kg Tasek Tambahan and Taman Permai Jaya and PPSP28- Taman Ampang Mewah, Part of Pandan Indah, Taman Pandan Cahaya, Kg. Baru Ampang Tambahan and Taman Cahaya IKS Industri Ringan.
Five more PPSPs have also been issued with show cause letters for poor scheduling and not collecting garbage on time.
According to MPAJ urban services and health director Dr Sarodin Shahri, the council had been monitoring the work progress of the new contractors.
“We hold briefings every morning. We have now replaced the contractors with our back-up ones.
“The root cause of this problem is that there wasn’t any commitment on the part of the contractors in executing their task.
“Some of the other problems with the new contractors are familiarisation of the area, identifying their tasks, border issues and logistics.
“For example, Kg Ampang is a small area, so they can’t use compactors to collect the waste while others have trouble differentiating between bulk and solid waste.
“The PPSPs are supposed to collect from housing areas while the public cleaning managers are assigned to open spaces, playgrounds or illegal dumpsites,” he said.
He added that the council was trying to help the new contractors identify their given tasks and was working to address the issues.
On complaints regarding services by previous contractor Alam Flora Sdn Bhd and the newly-appointed contractors, Sarodin said: “Changes take time.”
He said it was natural for people to compare as they were familiar with Alam Flora but transition needs patience.
“At least seven out of 36 appointed contractors are considered veterans while more than half of the managers are old faces but like Mentri Besar Tan Sri Khalid Ibrahim had said, waste management is a small industry with about 20 key people involved.
“We will be having a briefing with the councillor on this matter in an attempt to tackles some of the issues surrounding solid waste management,” he said, adding that the contractors were working to handle their own areas.
He also said since March 2, MPAJ had 313 complaints but as of March 15, only 35 have been recorded.

Excess funds for road upgrade - JALAN WANGSA 1.

http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp?file=/2012/4/3/central/11020854&sec=central

Excess funds for road upgrade

By FAZLEENA AZIZ
fazleena@thestar.com.my


AMPANG Jaya Municipal Council (MPAJ) will use the balance from the Malaysian Road Record Information System (Marris) RM6mil allocation for 2011 to upgrade Jalan Wangsa 1 in Bukit Antarabangsa.
Council president Datuk Mohammad Yacob said at the recent full board meeting that the remaining sum of RM316,634 would be spent on the project, which would see Jalan Wangsa 1 closed from April 13 to 15.
He said MPAJ would also be carrying out other road upgrading works using a separate allocation, under the Selangorku grant. The projects, he added, would be carried out in three phases.
According to Mohammad, the first one will involve Jalan 1 to 8 in Taman Desa Ampang and Jalan Utama Taman Permata, and RM594,795 has been set aside for it.
The state government is responsible in hiring the contractors for the grant and we are involved in the quotation process. - Datuk Mohammad Yacob
For the second phase, the allocation of RM600,000 will be used for Jalan Watan 2, 4, 6, 8, 22, 24, 25, 28 and 29 in Taman Sri Watan and Jalan 16 of Kampung Baru Ampang.
The third phase will consist of road expansion works at Jalan Teratai in Taman Teratai, road resurfacing around Surau Al-Falah AU4, and drain repair works as well as building the kerb along Jalan Hj Mokhtar, Hulu Kelang.
“The state government via Mentri Besar Incorporated is responsible for hiring the contractors under the grant while we only provide the cost quotation,” said Mohammad.
On another issue, the council president said four solid waste management contractors had been suspended while another six had been given showcause letters.
He said of the six, five had shown improvement in their performance while one contractor still failed to show full commitment.
“We are still in control of the garbage situation in Ampang but there are problems in strata-titled areas, which do not have proper disposal bins. The bins are supposed to be provided by the management company, so as a result you have people throwing outside.
“We will open new tenders for the solid waste collection contracts in a month’s time,” he added.
The council meeting also discussed the issue of Lembah Jaya, which was hit by a massive flood, and the options available to solve the problem such as widening and deepening the drains in the area.
Mohammad said the cost to upgrade 3,000m of drain would come up to RM700,000.
“If we were to just upgrade 2,000m length of the drains, it will cost RM280,000 while just fixing 900m will cost RM120,000.
“We have already spent RM200,000 to fix the bridge, slope and collection of garbage since the flood took place,” he said.
On the matter of the Sungai Besi-Ulu Klang Elevated Expressway (SUKE), Mohammad said the council received 453 feedback forms from the public. He said 11% were against the proposed highway, while 38% stated that they had no objections and another 51% were neutral.